Falcon : caisson pour kite de chez Kauper XT

Ici on parle des ailes à caissons

Modérateurs : boZZo, stef

boZZo

Re: Falcon : caisson pour kite de chez Kauper XT

Message par boZZo » lun. 22 mars 2021 11:48

Les ailes modernes demandent un gros gonflage!
Mes Naish changent de comportement selon le gonflage (9psi préco , celle de Popas, 11psi).
Alma 3/4/8 - Wave 3 - Drifter 4/6
Sk8 950 - Marc'S Board - Chili Pepper

popas1

Message par popas1 » lun. 22 mars 2021 15:54

Ça depend pas mal de la taille du bord d'attaque. Sur les profils fin comme chez Naish ils préconisent de gonfler comme des dingues. Ma pivot se gonfle à 11Psi, la Airush Ultra 10Psi. Chez duotone avec des gros bords d'attaque on est autour de 7Psi. La Kauper doit surement se gonfler autour de 10Psi aussi. La pression dans la voile change complètement son comportement. Si tu sous-gonflais c'est peut etre pour ça que ta voile se comportait bizarrement.
Pansh Kestrel 15m et 10m- Naish Pivot 7m 2018 - 5m 2016
TT North Jaime - Foil Zeeko Carbone Carver 950 sur pocket board custom - Sweet Potato 5’4 Firewire

Rainer Kauper

Message par Rainer Kauper » dim. 18 avr. 2021 13:16

Hi,

this is my first post at this forum. My name is Rainer Kauper from Kauper-XT kiteboarding. I am the inventor of the Door shape in 2002 and the founder of the brand Spleene also in 2002. Since then I am nonstop in the kiteboarding business. Together with my girl friend Yasmin we have founded the brand Kauper-XT in 2019.

I was positively surprised that Stef from LesFoilz.com has sent an E-Mail to our office, before he accepted my registration to this forum in order to protect me and our brand from misuse by internet thieves. That shows this forum is well administrated. Thank you very much for that.

I have received a link to this thread about our new foilkite Falcon. As I do not talk French myself I have used Google translate to get an impression what kitesurfers are talking about here. Some things I was not able to understand which is for sure the problem of Google translate. I see that the last posting in this thread is from 22nd of March. That was before our website of the Falcon was updated to final version, so you have seen only the preview. Now all infos are online with many pictures. I hope this gives you a better impression what kind of kite the Falcon is.

Please allow me to give some comments to your postings:
eric38000 a écrit :
ven. 5 mars 2021 12:13
Jai la marverick en 7 m boudin
Eric
Hi Eric, if you have any problems with your Maverick kite please get in touch with us. The best would be if you could give us a call and we can see how we can help you. In general all customers are very happy with our products and recommend to their friends which is the best advertising we could have. I am sure we can help.

Laurent Ness a écrit :
sam. 13 mars 2021 10:04
Pour moi, une société qui refuse de se confronter au retour des utilisateurs et refuse d'entendre les retours ce qui aurait pu les aider, a toutes les chances de disparaitre.
Hi Laurent, I am sorry that you dislike our way of doing business, but we still think that there are many kitesurfers that are not willing to pay super high prices for their gear. If we would have a huge amount of teamriders doing videos and demos on several beaches world wide we would have to make our products much more expensive. We have fair prices and many people like our brand exactly for that reason. You can be sure that our products are very well developed and tested. But our testing has a different way: We do not need pro riders for that. Instead I ask people on the beach (mostly on Mallorca) if they would like to test some of my prototypes. Sometimes I even do not know these people. This way I get real info about our kites. A pro rider is mostly able to balance bad behaviour of a kite while an average rider definitely notices this more significantly. Back on the beach I get the most honest answer from this average rider as he is not on my salary list. He is free in saying what he wants and not what I want to hear. I am practising this method of R&D and testing since 2002 and I am quite happy with that.

Laurent Ness a écrit :
mer. 17 mars 2021 13:30
Bon si la nouvelle aile de Kauper est intéressante, elle finira par se vendre tranquillement et on en entendra parler un jour. Pour l'instant, il est urgent de ne rien faire :)
Just to give you an overview what´s happing: The first batch of 13m kites is already sold out. With 11m and 9m is also going straight into this direction. Our production is continuing to produce so the second batch will not take too much time. I think the first Falcon kites will be shipped to our customers around beginning of May.

popas1 a écrit :
lun. 22 mars 2021 15:54
La Kauper doit surement se gonfler autour de 10Psi aussi. La pression dans la voile change complètement son comportement. Si tu sous-gonflais c'est peut etre pour ça que ta voile se comportait bizarrement.
Exactly. If you do not pump the Maverick kite hard enough it definitely does not work well.

Please do not be angry with me if I do not frequently post here as I have a lot of work with posting in the German Oase Forum. If you are intersted what´s going on there here are 2 Links:

All about the Falcon kite: https://oaseforum.de/showthread.php?t=179926
Here a Polish guy says soemthing about the Falcon. He was able to ride a prototype in July 2020. I know him quite well and so it was a pleasure for me to see him riding my kite.

All about the brand Kauper-XT and the Maverick kite and the Pintxo bar system: https://oaseforum.de/showthread.php?t=175914
A lot of stuff to read... :roll:

Sorry for not writing here in French.
If you have any questions about our gear please send an E-Mail to our office. We mostly reply within the same day. Yasmin speaks French, but we prefer English if possible.

Thanks
Ciao

Rainer Kauper
-------------
www.kauper-xt.com

regis-de-giens

Message par regis-de-giens » dim. 18 avr. 2021 18:38

Hello,

It is really great that ou take some time to write here ; much appreciated ;

I have written you an email last week asking if we could envisage to get one demo kite for the forum users; no salary asked of course, on a voluntary base, and we cope with the kite "travelling and test" like we did sometimes for Kitech and Conceptair.

I do not know if Bozzo or Steph already proposed it to you on their side, but in case they have no time to manage it, I could handle the tour organisation and back to you free of charge , with even some non-pro videos as a reward; every tester just pay the transport to the next tester ; at the end, say 6 month up to you, either the kite finds a buyer among testers, or we return it to you.

I think this will give some light on your nice kite and we are several here very motivated to test it. I personally am interested in the 13m for a buying.

Hope you will be open to this proposal.

For non-english reader :

En français pour les non anglophones: je le remercie pour l intervention et propose a Kauper d 'avoir un kite en demo a faire tourner dans le forum , sans salaire de leader d opinion puisqu'il ne souhaite pas cela
60kg, Kestrel 21UL / 18UL / 15 / 8, Gin spirit 15, Elf Joker 11 (A vendre), Hawk 5m , Hybrid 2.5 // OR Flite 17 Alula / 14.5 (A vendre) / 10 ; Crave 12m ; Solo 6.5m, Pivot 8m, One 9m ( A vendre), DNA 3m , Pansh Adam 5.5 B/C
Foil Ketos, TBK Mana

Perrinkite

Message par Perrinkite » mar. 20 avr. 2021 17:58

Toujours sympa d'avoir la venue sur ce forum d'un fondateur/créateur de marque de kite. Ca serait bien cool si il pouvait faire tourner une aile pour pour les foilzer.

En tout cas une marque de plus à prix accessible dans le monde des caissons, c'est plutôt bien je trouve. Il commence à y avoir de la concurrence, Kitech, concept air et maintenant Kauper, moi qui compte me racheter à terme une 11 ou 12 pour le light je vais finir par craquer !
S3 12 DLX, Naish Pivot 7 & 10
surfkite Waves 1.57m, Split Surfkite NEWIND, FireWire Hellfire 5.6

regis-de-giens

Message par regis-de-giens » lun. 3 mai 2021 20:55

des videos dispos; https://en.kauper-xt.com/foilkite
J'aime assez les videos, c'est sobre et on voit le kite global sans zooms au ralentis qui masquent tout;

Elle a l'air interessante et stable; elle me donne un peu l impression d'un profil tres (trop?) épais a la mode speed 3 et 4 ; ca me fait un peu peur ...

Quelle frustration de ne pas pouvoir essayer et n'avoir aucun retours ...
60kg, Kestrel 21UL / 18UL / 15 / 8, Gin spirit 15, Elf Joker 11 (A vendre), Hawk 5m , Hybrid 2.5 // OR Flite 17 Alula / 14.5 (A vendre) / 10 ; Crave 12m ; Solo 6.5m, Pivot 8m, One 9m ( A vendre), DNA 3m , Pansh Adam 5.5 B/C
Foil Ketos, TBK Mana

Rainer Kauper

Message par Rainer Kauper » mar. 4 mai 2021 11:37

regis-de-giens a écrit :
dim. 18 avr. 2021 18:38
I have written you an email last week asking if we could envisage to get one demo kite for the forum users;
ENGLISH:
I am sorry, but we have no demo kites available. We sell our kites and bars at a very low price and so there is no room for demo gear left. We could arrange demo gear, but that would mean we have to increase our prices. This is what we do NOT want, because we think that our customers love fair pricing. Actually our prices for the Falcon kites are an introductory price for the first weeks. I hope you understand.

FRANCAIS via Google translate:
Je suis désolé, mais nous n'avons pas de kites de démonstration disponibles. Nous vendons nos kites et nos barres à un prix très bas et il n'y a donc plus de place pour le matériel de démonstration. Nous pourrions organiser du matériel de démonstration, mais cela signifierait que nous devions augmenter nos prix. C'est ce que nous ne voulons PAS, car nous pensons que nos clients aiment les prix équitables. En fait, nos prix pour les ailes Falcon sont un prix de lancement pour les premières semaines. J'espère que tu comprends.

----------------------------------

ENGLISH:
Meanwhile the User eric38000 has also been in touch with us and I hope we were able to solve his problem which was from our point of view not enough air pressure in his Maverick kite. We recommend to pump it hard in order to make it fly like it should.

Pendant ce temps, l'utilisateur eric38000 a également été en contact avec nous et j'espère que nous avons pu résoudre son problème qui était de notre point de vue pas assez de pression d'air dans son aile Maverick. Nous recommandons de le pomper fort pour le faire voler comme il se doit.

----------------------------------

regis-de-giens a écrit :
lun. 3 mai 2021 20:55
Elle a l'air interessante et stable; elle me donne un peu l impression d'un profil tres (trop?) épais a la mode speed 3 et 4 ; ca me fait un peu peur ...
ENGLISH:
Do you think the profile of the Ozone Chrono V3 is too thick? Our profile is really close to this profile as we wanted like to have good performance. We have compared this kite many times with our Falcon. Sure a kite with high aspect ratio has always some little percent more performance, but we are close to it and the Falcon has a much more user friendly handling which means more forgiving if you are riding in gusty conditions. Our profile is not thick and you don't have to be scared.

Pensez-vous que le profil de l'Ozone Chrono V3 est trop épais? Notre profil est très proche de ce profil car nous voulions avoir de bonnes performances. Nous avons comparé ce cerf-volant à plusieurs reprises avec notre Falcon. Bien sûr, un kite avec un rapport hauteur / largeur élevé a toujours un peu plus de performances, mais nous en sommes proches et le Falcon a une manipulation beaucoup plus conviviale, ce qui signifie plus indulgent si vous roulez dans des conditions de rafales. Notre profil n'est pas épais et vous n'avez pas à avoir peur.
Ciao

Rainer Kauper
-------------
www.kauper-xt.com

eric38000

Message par eric38000 » mar. 4 mai 2021 12:34

bonjour
je confirme j'ai eu un retour rapide de rainer sur l'expression de mes souci de kite marverick en 7 m.
rainer m'a communique le plan des bridages que j'ai pu verifier . l'aile est conforme.

Je dois maintenent retester mon aile en gonflant plus car c'est vrai que je suis conservateur de ce cote et que je n'ai pas l'habitude de gonfler tres fort.

a cause du confinement je n'ai pas pu retester mais je vous tiendrai au courant et aussi par politesse pour kauper .

cordialement
Eric

Hi
I have been in contact by email with rainer about my feelings with the marverick kite in 7 meter.
it has been fast and efficient.
I have got the briddle plan . after a check the briddle is aligned to the plan.

I need now to retest the kite and I need to inflate it more. I was used not to inflate too much my kite so this might be the source of the problem.

because of the curfew test was delayed a bit and I will keep you updated about the results.
I got a very professional support from rainer kauper.

Best Regards
Eric
Ketos 1200 rfx92 hawk 10 fs 5.5 3.5 kestrel 8

regis-de-giens

Message par regis-de-giens » mar. 4 mai 2021 13:24

Merci Rainer

Je n 'ai pas essaye' la Chrono malheureusement;

Ce doit etre une mauvaise impression visuelle sur la video.

Dommage pour le test, je pense que un kite demo serait vite rentabilise' par quelques achats supplementaire lies a la visibilite' , mais je comprend votre philosophie bien sur, c'est un choix qui a le merite d'etre clair et assume'. Et si le premier batch est deja vendu et livre' , on aura peut-etre des retours de test.

Si le volume de vente correspond deja a vos attentes, je comprends que vous ne voulliez pas augmenter vos cout "inutilement";

et par ailleurs vos prix contenus sont efectivmeent appreciables,

Ravi de lire vos interventions ici.

Merci.

Thank you Rainer,

I nerver tried the Chrono unfortunately ;

It may be a bad view on the video certainly.

We here can regret a test kite, and I personally think it would be rapidly "reimbursed" with additional buyings thanks to the visibility and reviews ; but I understand your approach of course, it is a choice which has the benefit to be clear and assumed. And if your fist kites have already been sold and sent, we can hope to get some user reviews quite soon. If it fulfills your sell target, fine , and I understand you limit your "unnecessary costs" ;

and by the way your low price is indeed apreciated

Your thread here on the forum are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Foil Ketos, TBK Mana

Blueline

Message par Blueline » sam. 22 mai 2021 08:38

Petit vidéo d’un test de la Falcon;

phpBB [video]
Kitech Frs 15m - 9m UL - Wave 4.5m - Ufo v1.1 9m - Thermikboards 112cm + Alpinefoil Rave air 100cm aile wave 1200cm2 et rlw 700cm2

Répondre